Robert Shapiro, MD
Professor of Neurology, University of Vermont
What’s Holding Us Back From Getting The Care We Need?
Key Questions Answered By Interview
- What can we learn from other rights movements?
- Why is migraine still “unspoken”?
- What is stigma and how does it hold us back?
- What are the most credible reasons for calling in sick to work?
- Does migraine stigma affect the choices made by doctors and research scientists?
- How well funded is migraine?
- Why do we need more research?
- What is the reality for people with migraine?
- How big is the mountain between us and a cure?
- What is the cost of silence?
- What can we do about stigma?
- What is Headache on the Hill?
Robert Shapiro, MD
Dr. Robert Shapiro is a professor in the Department of Neurological Sciences at the University of Vermont College of Medicine and the founding president and board member of the Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy. He is a member of the board of directors for the American Headache Society, a member of the Medical Advisory Board for Clusterbusters, and a member of the Viste Award Committee for the American Academy of Neurology. Dr. Shapiro holds an MA (philosophy/psychology) from Oxford University, a PhD (Anatomy) from University of Pennsylvania, and an MD from Columbia University, and completed his neurology residency training at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
His national advocacy efforts have been recognized by the American Academy of Neurology with the 2007 AAN Palatucci Advocate of the Year Award and the 2013 AAN Viste Patient Advocate of the Year Award. He is the past president of the Headache Cooperative of New England and winner of the 2013 HCNE Lifetime Achievement (‘Megrim’) Award. He currently serves on the board of directors of the American Headache Society and his publications have appeared in Nature, Science, Headache, Science Translational Medicine, and the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Related Talks – ENCORE OPENING NIGHT
Don’t miss today’s other speakers. Click on any speaker to return to today’s featured speakers.
Leave a comment
The Migraine World Summit is your chance to improve your understanding of migraine headaches from over 30 of the world's leading experts and specialists. Read more
Join here as an affiliate for the Migraine World Summit.
This website is for informational use only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your health care professional for a medical condition. © Copyright 2016 - 2019 Migraine World Summit. All rights reserved.