Shivang Joshi, M.D., MPH, RPh
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Practice, University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy, USA. Dent Neurological Institute/ Headache Specialist
Drug Interactions with Common Migraine Meds
- What’s the difference between a side effect and an adverse event to a medication?
- How common are side effects and adverse events?
- Why are migraine patients at higher risk of medication-related adverse events?
- What are typical side effects for common migraine medications, such as topiramate, propranolol, valproate, antidepressants, and triptans?
- What is serotonin syndrome and how do you know if you have it?
- What are the most common supplements migraine patients take, and what are their potential side effects?
- When should a migraine patient report symptoms of a possible adverse event?
- What should you do if you’re taking a brand new drug and you think you may be experiencing an adverse event?
- What is pharmacogenetics and why is it important for migraine patients?
Visitors may watch a 5 minute preview of this expert video interview.
Shivang Joshi, MD, MPH, RPh
Shivang Joshi, MD, MPH, RPh, is a doctor, pharmacist, and migraine and pharmacology expert. He is board-certified in neurology and headache medicine. Dr. Joshi is also an associate professor of clinical pharmacy practice at Buffalo University School of Pharmacy. He is an award-winning researcher and teacher. He is a recipient of the American Headache Society’s 2012 “Frontiers in Headache Research” Scholarship Award for Cluster Headache Research, and the “Outstanding Teaching Award” from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He has recently joined DENT Neurologic Institute, where he treats current and new patients.
Find more about Shivang Joshi, MD, MPH, RPh and his work here:
- University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy (and Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- DENT Neurologic Institute
- Dr. Oz – A New Migraine Medication with Dr. Shivang Joshi [clip]
- American Headache Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- American Migraine Foundation
- Great Lakes Regional Headache Society
- Shades For Migraine
- Dent Institute
Related Talks – TRIGGERS & SYMPTOMS
Don’t miss today’s other speakers. Click on any speaker to return to today’s featured speakers.
Leave a comment
The Migraine World Summit is your chance to improve your understanding of migraine headaches from over 30 of the world's leading experts and specialists. Read more
Join here as an affiliate for the Migraine World Summit.
This website is for informational use only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your health care professional for a medical condition. © Copyright 2016 - 2019 Migraine World Summit. All rights reserved.