Zaza Katsarava, MD, PhD
Professor of Neurology, University of Essen, Germany
Clinical Errors that Undermine Migraine Care
- How common are mistakes in medicine?
- Why do errors occur?
- How can patients and doctors avoid the problems inherent in overly industrialized medicine?
- Where are treatment rates for people with migraine low?
- What can we do to raise treatment rates?
- How can patients receive the best possible care from their doctors?
- What are the direct, indirect, and societal costs of migraine?
- How much can we improve productivity just by helping people with migraine who come to work during an attack?
- What is the most important thing for patients to give their doctors?
- How does a patient know if they should find a new doctor?
Visitors may watch a 5 minute preview of this expert video interview.
Zaza Katsarava, MD, PhD
Professor Zaza Katsarava is head of the department of neurology at the Evangelical Hospital in Unna, and a professor of neurology at the University of Essen in Germany. He is also the new president of the European Headache Federation and is active in numerous other organizations and boards for headache relief. His training in neurology began in Tbilisi, Georgia, and has since expanded to include the University of Essen in Germany, the Harvard School of Public Health, and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Professor Katsarava’s main interest focuses on headache and pain, especially the risk factors and mechanisms of chronic headache. He has used electrophysiological and imaging techniques to investigate the plasticity of the pain network in development of chronic headache. He is a principal investigator in several of the large scale population-based studies on predictors and risk factors of headache chronicity. He has published widely in peer-reviewed journals and elsewhere for over 20 years.
Find more about Zaza Katsarava, MD, PhD and his work here:
- Evangelical Hospital in Unna (De)
- University of Essen in Germany
- European Headache Federation
- International Classification of Headache Disorders, 3rd ed.
- Neglected Headache
- University of Copenhagen Masters in Headache Disorders Program
- Sapienza University in Rome Masters in Headache Medicine Program
- Eurolight Study
Related Talks – UNDERSTANDING
Don’t miss today’s other speakers. Click on any speaker to return to today’s featured speakers.
Leave a comment
The Migraine World Summit is your chance to improve your understanding of migraine headaches from over 30 of the world's leading experts and specialists. Read more
Join here as an affiliate for the Migraine World Summit.
This website is for informational use only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your health care professional for a medical condition. © Copyright 2016 - 2019 Migraine World Summit. All rights reserved.