NFL Hall of Famer
My Migraine Journey
Key Questions Answered By Interview
- What inspired you to want to share your story today?
- You first experienced migraine as a child. Tell us about what that first attack felt like.
- How long did it take you to get a diagnosis?
- Migraine is often thought of as a woman’s disease. Have you ever felt there’s a stigma around people with migraine, especially as a male?
- Has this made it difficult to tell someone you had migraine, either in your work or personal life?
- Football projects a very masculine and rough and tough image. How have you seen stigma play out in the NFL and in your career?
- Take us back to your Superbowl experience. What were you feeling physically? How did your teammates and coaches react to your migraine attack?
- You’ve shared that your migraine attacks are often triggered by exercise, yet running was your main job. How did you manage that?
- What has helped you with deal with the pain over the years?
- What motivating lessons about managing stress and handling adversity did you learn from migraine and football? Are there any words of inspiration you would like to share with the audience on how to manage the pain and their relationships?
- How important has it been for you to have access to a qualified healthcare team to manage your migraine? Do you have any advice for those seeking to understand their condition better?
Terrell Davis is a former American football running back who played for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL) from 1995 to 2001. Davis was elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2017.
Davis was drafted by the Broncos in the sixth round (196th pick overall) of the 1995 NFL Draft. He is the Denver Broncos all-time leading rusher, with 7,607 rushing yards. As a player, he was given the nickname “T. D.” by players, fans and the media; this denoted both the initials of his first and last name as well as being an abbreviation for touchdown.
Related Talks – ENCORE OPENING NIGHT
Don’t miss today’s other speakers. Click on any speaker to return to today’s featured speakers.
Leave a comment
The Migraine World Summit is your chance to improve your understanding of migraine headaches from over 30 of the world's leading experts and specialists. Read more
Join here as an affiliate for the Migraine World Summit.
This website is for informational use only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your health care professional for a medical condition. © Copyright 2016 - 2019 Migraine World Summit. All rights reserved.